Simple chocolate mousse
Yield 2 serves
This rich chocolate mousse is incredibly nutritious and only takes minutes to make.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 ripe (spotty) bananas
- ¼ cup (2 tablespoons) raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup (can substitute for rice malt syrup)
- ¼ cup (2 tablespoons) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Shredded coconut
- Fresh berries
- Toasted nuts and seeds
- Add all the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
This mousse can be enjoyed immediately, however it will keep for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge. It will firm up slightly in the fridge due to the coconut oil.
Recipe by Erin Bosanquet Nutritionist at https://www.erinbosanquet.com.au/recipes/chocolate-mousse/