This is the perfect treat to take for a BBQ or Christmas party. Make a batch, pop it in a jar and you’ve got a delicious homemade gift! It’s vegan, gluten free and extremely satisfying.
Vegan Rocky Road
Yield 18 slices
A crunchy, decadent rocky road.
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I use 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup slivered almonds)
- ½ cup buckwheat groats (buckinis)
- 1 cup pitted dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- Vegan marshmallows and goji berries would be a perfect addition
- Toast 1 cup coconut flakes in a frying pan, on low heat, until lightly golden.
- In a mixing bowl, combine nuts, buckwheat and dates.
- Add toasted coconut to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, combine cacao, coconut oil and syrup and melt on low a heat.
- Pour the chocolate into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. If you are adding marshmallows and goji berries, add them now.
- Spread into a slice tray lined with baking paper.
- Let it set in the freezer for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.